- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional minced fresh thyme, optional
- Cut Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes into 1/8-in. slices; toss with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide between two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Roast at 425° for 17-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic and thyme; cook and stir for 1 minute. Transfer roasted potatoes to a large bowl. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheeses and, if desired, additional thyme; toss to combine. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Potatoes with Garlic Butter
Sort By :
These were AMAZING! So much flavour and nice to have something a little bit different than your cubed roasted potatoes. I did cook them for 30 minutes and they needed it, and they were cut 1/8 inch thick. Maybe it was just my oven though.
I served this for Christmas dinner and it was a big hit. I've also made it a few times when I didn't have sweet potatoes, and it's good that way too.
I halved the recipe for an easy weeknight side dish to grilled chicken and salad. This was sooo delicious!
I increased the spices a bit, substituted olive oil for the canola oil and it was delish! I loved it!! A keeper for sure (and very easy!)
made in a pan on the stove and was really good