Roasted Potatoes with Garlic Butter Recipe
I created this recipe while visiting my Grandmother. When we sat down to eat, she asked me where I'd learned to cook like this. Of course, I answered, "from you!"—Elizabeth Kelley, Chicago, Illinois
- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional minced fresh thyme, optional
- 1. Cut Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes into 1/8-in. slices; toss with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide between two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Roast at 425° for 17-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic and thyme; cook and stir for 1 minute. Transfer roasted potatoes to a large bowl. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheeses and, if desired, additional thyme; toss to combine. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 238 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Roasted Potatoes with Garlic Butter
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC