- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional minced fresh thyme, optional
- Cut Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes into 1/8-in. slices; toss with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide between two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Roast at 425° for 17-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic and thyme; cook and stir for 1 minute. Transfer roasted potatoes to a large bowl. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheeses and, if desired, additional thyme; toss to combine. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Potatoes with Garlic Butter
"These were AMAZING! So much flavour and nice to have something a little bit different than your cubed roasted potatoes. I did cook them for 30 minutes and they needed it, and they were cut 1/8 inch thick. Maybe it was just my oven though."
"I served this for Christmas dinner and it was a big hit. I've also made it a few times when I didn't have sweet potatoes, and it's good that way too."
"I halved the recipe for an easy weeknight side dish to grilled chicken and salad. This was sooo delicious!"
"I increased the spices a bit, substituted olive oil for the canola oil and it was delish! I loved it!! A keeper for sure (and very easy!)"
"made in a pan on the stove and was really good"