- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional minced fresh thyme, optional
- Cut Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes into 1/8-in. slices; toss with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide between two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Roast at 425° for 17-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic and thyme; cook and stir for 1 minute. Transfer roasted potatoes to a large bowl. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheeses and, if desired, additional thyme; toss to combine. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Potatoes with Garlic Butter
"These were AMAZING! So much flavour and nice to have something a little bit different than your cubed roasted potatoes. I did cook them for 30 minutes and they needed it, and they were cut 1/8 inch thick. Maybe it was just my oven though."
"I increased the spices a bit, substituted olive oil for the canola oil and it was delish! I loved it!! A keeper for sure (and very easy!)"
"made in a pan on the stove and was really good"
"scrumptious! robust flavor; pairs good with salmon..."
"I cut the recipe down since it was only two of us. I melted the butter in the microwave and added the garlic and thyme (without cooking it). My husband is not a fan of thyme so next time I will omit. I just sprinkled the Parmesan cheese on top and omitted the cheddar. It's a keeper!"
"Made with 1/4 tsp of dried thyme since my husband is not a fan of thyme and russet potatoes instead of Yukon Gold because we had them on hand. This was fabulous and I could have eaten it for dessert instead of the carrot cake I made! Yum!"