Roasted Potatoes and Artichokes
Potato wedges and artichoke hearts are roasted to perfection in this hearty recipe from Mary Relyea of Canastota, New York. For added zing, Mary sprinkles the veggies with crumbled feta cheese.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup halved water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- Place potatoes and artichokes in a shallow baking pan coated with
- cooking spray. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and
- pepper; stir to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are
- tender, stirring every 15 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 173 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.