- 6 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into large chunks
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add beans; bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb. Place cut side up in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Add potatoes; drizzle with broth. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-40 minutes or until garlic is softened.
- Remove garlic; set aside. Add the red peppers, onions and reserved beans to the pan. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until tender. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl. Stir in the vinegar, oil, sugar, rosemary and salt. Add vegetables; toss to coat. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Potato Salad
Sort By :
I didnt like it but my husband did.
Awesome salad hot or cold!! I served it cold for my son's birthday party and everyone loved it! Then served it hot for my Aunt's bridal shower and was asked for the recipe several times!!!
Great! I wasn't too sure how I would like it not being the biggest balsami vinegar fan, but it was excellent. We like it cold!
My family thought this was excellent and that I should definitely make it again.
One of our summer favorites! I like it best at room temperature.