- 6 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into large chunks
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add beans; bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb. Place cut side up in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Add potatoes; drizzle with broth. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-40 minutes or until garlic is softened.
- Remove garlic; set aside. Add the red peppers, onions and reserved beans to the pan. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until tender. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl. Stir in the vinegar, oil, sugar, rosemary and salt. Add vegetables; toss to coat. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Potato Salad
Sort By :
"Wonderful! I was asked not to wait until I make this again. I was worried it was a bit dry while roasting since the broth evaporated in no time but it all worked out well."
"Good flavor, not pretty. I'll use white balsamic next time for better presentation."
"I didnt like it but my husband did."
"Awesome salad hot or cold!! I served it cold for my son's birthday party and everyone loved it! Then served it hot for my Aunt's bridal shower and was asked for the recipe several times!!!"
"Great! I wasn't too sure how I would like it not being the biggest balsami vinegar fan, but it was excellent. We like it cold!"