Roasted Potato & Green Bean Salad
I made this salad to take advantage of in-season fresh potatoes, onions, and green beans. It’s a perfect twist on the tangy German potato salad my mom used to make. —Blair Lonergan, Rochelle, VA
7 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place potatoes, onion and green beans in a
- greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
- Roast 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring twice. Transfer to a
- large bowl; add bacon. In a small bowl, whisk the first six
- vinaigrette ingredients. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Pour
- over potato mixture; toss to coat. Serve warm. Yield: 7 servings.