Roasted Potato & Green Bean Salad Recipe
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place potatoes, onion and green beans in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
- 2. Roast 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring twice. Transfer to a large bowl; add bacon. In a small bowl, whisk the first six vinaigrette ingredients. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Serve warm. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Potato & Green Bean Salad
"Easy and very flavorful!"
"So easy and tons of flavor!"
"Easy to make and tasty too!"
"Roasting potatoes takes a little longer than this recipe says. The roasted onions were great."
"This is a fabulous side dish and a nice change of pace! It made a ton, so I needed two sheet pans and it took ALOT longer to cook both in the oven. But the flavors were excellent. Next time, I will cut back on some of the potatoes so I can get it on one pan."
"This was a great side dish! I agree with the previous comment and will add more green beans next time but we really liked it. I am not at all a fan of traditional potato salad so this is a great option."
"Absolutely fantastic! Might add a little more green beans the next time. Can't wait to take to next cookout with friends. I think it will be a hit!"
"Great change of pace from the traditional mayo-based potato salads. The only change I made was using a sweet onion instead of the red. Will definitely be making this again!"
"I've made this several times already! I did cut down on the dried thyme."
"I was a little hesitant to make this recipe when I read the ingredients for the dressing, however the flavors worked so well together and it was a very tasty side dish. Lots of compliments."