- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 10 cups water
- In a food processor, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and process until combined. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan; pour 2 cups water into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 400°. Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours longer or until meat is tender, adding more water to the pan as needed. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Pork Shoulder in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p103
Reviews for Roasted Pork Shoulder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2015
"Loved! Loved! Loved this! easy and VERY good! Excellent flavor and very tender!"
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2014
"This roast is excellent! I changed nothing, but using a little less salt."