- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 10 cups water
- In a food processor, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and process until combined. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan; pour 2 cups water into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 400°. Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours longer or until meat is tender, adding more water to the pan as needed. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Pork Shoulder
"I could not find a boneless pork shoulder butt roast so I used a boneless pork loin roast. Everyone enjoyed it."
"Loved! Loved! Loved this! Easy and VERY good! Excellent flavor and very tender!"
"This roast is excellent! I changed nothing, but using a little less salt."