- liquid; brush over pork. Bake 30-60 minutes longer or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking
- juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Add figs. Combine cornstarch
- and broth until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with
- pork. Yield: 16 servings (6-1/4 cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork with 1/3 cup sauce equals 249 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.