Roasted Pork and Vegetables Recipe
Cooking the vegetables and pork roast together lets you concentrate on other parts of the meal. Rosemary and garlic nicely flavor the meat.Lillian Julow, Gainesville, Florida
- 1 boneless lean pork roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 pounds small thin carrots
- 3 small onions, quartered
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- Sprinkle roast with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper; place in a shallow roasting pan. With a sharp knife, cut 1/2-in.-deep slits in the roast; insert a garlic slice in each slit. Tie rosemary sprigs on top of roast with kitchen string.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, minced garlic and rosemary, and remaining salt and pepper. Place carrots and onions around roast; drizzle with oil mixture. Top with bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Pork and Vegetables in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p42
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roasted Pork and Vegetables(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review