Roasted Pork and Potato Roses Recipe
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 2 pounds)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mash into a paste. Stir in oil; set aside. Peel potatoes. To achieve rose shape, cut a thin slice off the bottom of potato. make a circular row of downward cuts, each about 3/4 in long, but do not cut all the way through. To expose the petals, starting 1/4 in. above each petal, cut out a small wedge from behind each petal. Repeat with additional layers, positioning petals of new row between the lower row to create a true flower effect.
- 2. Brush with herb mixture. Brush remaining mixture over pork. Place potatoes on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40 minutes. Place pork with fat side up on rack in pan.
- 3. Bake for 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and potatoes are tender. Let roast stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 414 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 46g protein
Reviews for Roasted Pork and Potato Roses
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.