Roasted Pork and Potato Roses Recipe
Just right for an endearing February 14 meal is this lovely looking roast from Linda Ault of Newberry, Indiana. (The pretty potato roses, carved by Crafting Traditions' kitchen experts, provide an inviting hearty complement.) Linda writes it's a favorite with her familyso add it to your all-year recipe file as well!
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mash into a paste. Stir in oil; set aside. Peel potatoes. To achieve rose shape, cut a thin slice off the bottom of potato. make a circular row of downward cuts, each about 3/4 in long, but do not cut all the way through. To expose the petals, starting 1/4 in. above each petal, cut out a small wedge from behind each petal. Repeat with additional layers, positioning petals of new row between the lower row to create a true flower effect.
- Brush with herb mixture. Brush remaining mixture over pork. Place potatoes on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40 minutes. Place pork with fat side up on rack in pan.
- Bake for 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and potatoes are tender. Let roast stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Pork and Potato Roses in Country Woman January/February 1996, p29
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roasted Pork and Potato Roses
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >