- In the same pan, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- Gradually add broth; stir in the tomatoes, cilantro, chili powder,
- salt, cumin, pepper, poblanos and beef. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Add
- potatoes; cook 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
- Skim fat. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 337 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 808 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.