Roasted Peppers with Basil Recipe
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 9 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 6-8 minutes. With tongs, rotate a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- 2. Peel off and discard charred pepper skin. Remove stems and seeds. Cut peppers into 1/4-in. strips; place in a bowl. Add basil and garlic; toss to coat. Drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with salt; toss to coat. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
2/3 cup equals 53 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Roasted Peppers with Basil
"Yummy side dish. Was great with my bumper crop of peppers."
"It had a nutty, sweet teate"