Roasted Peppers with Basil Recipe
Roasting peppers yields a sweet, smoky flavor, and a silky texture. Mix in some fresh basil, and you have a titillating treat! “It's absolutely delicious, plus it contains less than one gram of fat and zero cholesterol,” says Tammy Landry of Saucier, Mississippi.
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 9 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 6-8 minutes. With tongs, rotate a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred pepper skin. Remove stems and seeds. Cut peppers into 1/4-in. strips; place in a bowl. Add basil and garlic; toss to coat. Drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with salt; toss to coat. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Peppers with Basil in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p62
Reviews for Roasted Peppers with Basil(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Roasted Vegetables >