Roasted Pepper Tortellini
Refrigerated tortellini cooks quickly, but you can also use dried tortellini.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 5 Italian sausage links
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, cook sausage in oil over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Place the red peppers in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Drain tortellini. Add the tortellini, pureed peppers and pizza sauce
- to the skillet; stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated
- through. Sprinkle with cheeses; cover and heat until cheese is
- melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 521 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,249 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes