Refrigerated tortellini cooks quickly, but you can also use dried tortellini.
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 5 Italian sausage links
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage in oil over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Place the red peppers in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Drain tortellini. Add the tortellini, pureed peppers and pizza sauce to the skillet; stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheeses; cover and heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Pepper Tortellini in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p178
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Roasted Pepper Tortellini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2014
"Husband really enjoyed this. I normally don't care for sausage, but it wasn't too bad!"