Roasted Pepper Spinach Salad
This refreshing, colorful salad comes from Jillian Moseley-Williams of Barrie, Ontario. The spinach leaves are tossed with sliced veggies and a tangy red wine vinaigrette.
2 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + standing
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 small zucchini, julienned
- 1/4 cup red wine vinaigrette
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Broil the red pepper 4 in. from the heat until skin blisters, about 2
- minutes. With tongs, rotate pepper a quarter turn. Broil and rotate
- until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place
- pepper in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred pepper skin. Remove stem and seeds.
- Finely slice pepper; place in a bowl. Add mushrooms, zucchini and
- vinaigrette; marinate for at least 10 minutes. Place spinach in a
- serving bowl; add vegetables and toss gently to coat. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups (prepared with fat-free vinaigrette) equals 45 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.