This refreshing, colorful salad comes from Jillian Moseley-Williams of Barrie, Ontario. The spinach leaves are tossed with sliced veggies and a tangy red wine vinaigrette.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 small zucchini, julienned
- 1/4 cup red wine vinaigrette
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Broil the red pepper 4 in. from the heat until skin blisters, about 2 minutes. With tongs, rotate pepper a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place pepper in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred pepper skin. Remove stem and seeds. Finely slice pepper; place in a bowl. Add mushrooms, zucchini and vinaigrette; marinate for at least 10 minutes. Place spinach in a serving bowl; add vegetables and toss gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Pepper Spinach Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p42
Reviews for Roasted Pepper Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review