Roasted Pepper Salad
Here’s a versatile, pretty side that will go with a summer full of entrées!
—Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large sweet yellow peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, vinegar, salt
- and pepper. Spoon 1/3 cup into each pepper half.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed pepper half equals 51 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.