Roasted Pepper Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
- 2 each large sweet yellow, red and green peppers
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh oregano, rosemary, basil and parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 carton (8 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese pearls
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl; cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stems and seeds. Cut peppers into thin strips; place in a large bowl. Add onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, herbs, garlic, garlic powder, cayenne, pepper and salt; pour over pepper mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Before serving, allow peppers to come to room temperature. Place on a serving plate; top with tomatoes, cheese and basil leaves. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Pepper Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Sort By :
"This salad was, as other reviewers confirmed, a bit of a time investment. That being said, it was really good and my really picky kids even liked it!!! I'll probably save this one for company or special occasions. I will take the advice about the cutting and coring the peppers before roasting them, as that was one of the most time consuming parts."
"Wonderful salad! A bit of a time investment , as with any roasted pepper recipe. Green peppers were much more difficult to peel so may replace them with another color next time. The balsamic gave the pepper mixture a dark look, not as pretty as the picture. Next time I'll replace with white balsamic to make the salad more colorful. I left off the mozzarella pearls but sprinkled with shredded mozzarella instead. I think it was even better the 2nd day. B"
"The most important thing I was going to write in my previous review (but sent before including) was that I did NOT peel the peppers. I took the advice of the person that suggested halving and coring the peppers before roasting, and I did NOT peel them (because I know that most of the nutrition is just under the skin). This did not take away from the dish but adds to the health quotient. D"
"Excellent recipe.... delicious and a fresh taste. I used a fig infused balsamic (because I didn't have regular balsamic) that worked divinely. I think a bocconcini cheese would also work really well in this Italian dish. THANKS!!!!"
"This is really pretty served over baby spinach leaves!"