Roasted Pepper Ravioli Bake Recipe
- 2 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 4 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place peppers on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 6-8 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook ravioli according to package directions; drain. Peel off and discard charred skin from peppers. Remove stems and seeds. Finely chop peppers; drain. In a large bowl, combine the peppers, oil, sugar and salt.
- 3. Spread 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with ravioli, pepper mixture and cheese. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 335 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 415 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.