Roasted Pepper Mushroom Salad Recipe
This is a very pretty dish to serve at any get-together. I always make a double batch so everyone can have seconds.—Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1 large green pepper
- 2 cups whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 10 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- 2. Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stems and seeds. Cut peppers into thin slices. In a large bowl, combine the peppers, mushrooms, onion and olives.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, garlic, basil, salt, oregano and pepper. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve on lettuce leaves. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 65 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC