Roasted Pepper Dip
“I’ve brought this creamy dip to many events in our community, to family get-togethers and to the elementary school where I work as a school psychologist. I’m always asked for the recipe” says Amy Brasley, of Meridian, Idaho.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir
- in the peppers, cheeses, onion, garlic powder and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 42 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.