Roasted Pepper Chicken Penne Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add vinegar. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Drain and discard vinegar. Add chicken to skillet; cook for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 3. Stir in the tomatoes, red peppers, broth, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 424 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 641mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Roasted Pepper Chicken Penne
"This was good with the additional ingredients of red pepper & garlic powder. I even doused it with sirracha on my own plate for added flavor. I can see how people would find this bland. Not sure how it was a contest winner. The child picked out all the roasted pepper. For adults, this may join the 5 star rank with some Kalamata olives."
"It seemed to be missing something. Bland."
"Delicious!!!! I was soo pleased with this meal! Second time I made it I added some artichoke hearts ... YUMM!This is definately a keeper!"
"we added mushrooms to the recipe, and it is one of our favorites!"
"This dish was good but needed something to give it a litle zip. Next time I'll try the above suggestions with red pepper flakes and pepper."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.