Roasted Pepper Chicken Penne Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add vinegar. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Drain and discard vinegar. Add chicken to skillet; cook for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in the tomatoes, red peppers, broth, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Roasted Pepper Chicken Penne
Sort By :
This was good with the additional ingredients of red pepper & garlic powder. I even doused it with sirracha on my own plate for added flavor. I can see how people would find this bland. Not sure how it was a contest winner. The child picked out all the roasted pepper. For adults, this may join the 5 star rank with some Kalamata olives.
It seemed to be missing something. Bland.
Delicious!!!! I was soo pleased with this meal! Second time I made it I added some artichoke hearts ... YUMM!
This is definately a keeper!
we added mushrooms to the recipe, and it is one of our favorites!