Cannellini (white kidney beans) and tofu give body to this festive dip without added fat. "If you have never tried tofu, this is a tasty way to introduce it," explains recipe developer Jean Ecos of Hartland, Wisconsin. The CW test kitchen recommends serving this dip with fresh vegetables, pita bread or reduced-fat crackers.
Recommended: 40 Ways to Love Roasted Veggies
- 1 can (19 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup silken firm tofu
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
Originally published as Roasted Pepper Bean Dip in Country Woman November/December 2005, p37
Reviews for Roasted Pepper Bean Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review