When I was practicing roasting peppers, I tossed some on-hand ingredients together and came up with this recipe. It got rave reviews at our church potluck.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- Halve peppers and remove seeds. Rub with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 4 minutes. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skin. Coarsely chop peppers.
- In a large bowl, combine the peppers, spinach, onion, mushrooms, tomato, celery and olives. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil and honey. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese and parsley; gently toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Pepper and Olive Salad in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p50
Reviews for Roasted Pepper and Olive Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review