Here’s a fresh take on a classic sandwich from Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana. The egg salad gets an extra boost from red peppers and zesty seasonings.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 2 romaine leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add eggs; stir gently to combine. Spread over two slices of bread. Top with romaine and remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Pepper 'n' Egg Salad Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p64
Reviews for Roasted Pepper 'n' Egg Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2011
"This was very good. The roasted pepper gave a different taste which was good."