Here’s a fresh take on a classic sandwich from Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana. The egg salad gets an extra boost from red peppers and zesty seasonings.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 2 romaine leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add eggs; stir gently to combine. Spread over two slices of bread. Top with romaine and remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Pepper 'n' Egg Salad Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p64
Reviews for Roasted Pepper 'n' Egg Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2011
"This was very good. The roasted pepper gave a different taste which was good."