Roasted Pepper, Bacon & Egg Muffins Recipe
This fun and filling sandwich is just as great for lunch, dinner or a quick snack as it is for breakfast. —Louise Gilbert, Quesnel, British Columbia
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 center-cut bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 1. Remove and discard seeds from pepper half. Place cut side down on a baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat until the skin blisters, about 6 minutes. Immediately place pepper half in a small bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skin; chop pepper.
- 2. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, milk, and pepper. Pour into the pan. Add bacon and chopped pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Spoon onto English muffins. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 329 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 229 mg cholesterol, 662 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Roasted Pepper, Bacon & Egg Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC