Roasted Pears in Pecan Sauce
Whenever I bring home pears from the store, my family begs me to make this recipe. They love the tender roasted fruit smothered in creamy pecan sauce. It's luscious over ice cream or cake.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 medium pears, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place pears in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small
- bowl, combine the brown sugar, apple juice and butter; pour over
- pears. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes, basting
- Sprinkle with pecans. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until pears are
- tender. Transfer pears to serving dishes.
- Pour cooking juices into a small bowl; whisk in cream until blended.
- Drizzle over pears. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 307 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.