- 4 medium pears, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place pears in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, apple juice and butter; pour over pears. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Sprinkle with pecans. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until pears are tender. Transfer pears to serving dishes.
- Pour cooking juices into a small bowl; whisk in cream until blended. Drizzle over pears. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Pears in Pecan Sauce in Country Woman September/October 2006, p43
Reviews for Roasted Pears in Pecan Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review