Roasted Pear Salad Recipe
- 2 medium pears, halved and cored
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed baby salad greens
- 1 cup watercress sprigs
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a small bowl, toss pears with 1 teaspoon oil. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Turn pears over; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden and tender.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, peel pears. Thinly slice two pear halves lengthwise and set aside. Place remaining pear halves in a blender. Add the vinegar, water, honey, salt and white pepper; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add the remaining oil in a steady stream.
- 3. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens, watercress, hazelnuts and cranberries. Arrange reserved pear slices on top; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 174 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Roasted Pear Salad
"This was good. Liked adding the pears to the dressing for more pear flavoring. Served with Asian Pork Tenderloin."