- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup diced peeled jicama
- 3/4 cup diced unpeeled apple
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh dark sweet cherries, pitted and quartered, optional
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the jicama, apple, cucumber, red pepper, cherries if desired and onions; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in peanuts. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Roasted Peanut Salsa
Sort By :
This is the weirdest, funkiest salsa I have ever tried. The vegetables, spices, seasonings, and fruits just isn't good all together. If I had to make again, I would make more of a fruit salsa. I would exclude the diced red pepper, garlic, oil (not needed, IMO, regardless of recipe), crushed red pepper flakes, spring onion, and parsley. I might add mint to the resulting fruit salsa. If I used any nuts, they would be freshly toasted cashews, macadamian, or possibly hazelnuts. I would definitely used cherries, maybe grapes, and/or honeydew melon (small dice). I would serve with freshly toasted pita chips, maybe even cinnamon sugared toasted pita chips. (Just cut into 8 or so pieces, spray with a butter cooking spray, or light brushing of melted butter, single layer on cookie sheet. Bake 350°F for 5minutes or so. If you want cinnamon sugar, I save a cinnamon shaker and mix 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar with as much cinnamon you desired ~ I add 1 teaspoon at a time, mix, taste, add more cinnamon to your liking.) I put the spray/melted butter on chips then sprinkle as much or as little cinnamon sugar on pitas then bake the pitas.
I don't know what I did wrong but this was awful! My sisters chided me for trying a new recipe out on them. The ingredients just didn't "mesh". : (
OMG!! I actually had to give this "one-star" to rate the recipe!!! I'm so sorry! This "salsa" was not good at all! At a party of 8, No One liked this. It was DEFINITELY a waste of ingredients.