It seems I'm always making this zesty salsa packed with peanuts and fruit. And I've passed on the recipe too many times to count. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup diced peeled jicama
- 3/4 cup diced unpeeled apple
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh dark sweet cherries, pitted and quartered, optional
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the jicama, apple, cucumber, red pepper, cherries if desired and onions; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in peanuts. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Roasted Peanut Relish in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p93
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Roasted Peanut Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review