Roasted Onion Spread
Our Test Kitchen home economists roast onions and garlic to mellow their flavor for this rich, buttery spread. It can be made ahead and reheated when needed.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 2 medium sweet onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
Bring distinctive taste to holiday parties with Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers.
Learn More >
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, oil, honey, garlic and salt;
- toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until onions are
- tender and golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Place onion mixture in a blender; cover and process for 30 seconds or
- until blended. Transfer to a small bowl. Serve with crackers.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 54 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.