Roasted Lime Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 4 medium limes, cut into wedges
- 1. Combine the first nine ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1/4 cup marinade; pour remaining marinade into a 2-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Drain chicken and discard marinade. Place lime wedges inside the cavity. Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together. Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush reserved marinade over chicken.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 6 servings.
5 ounces equals 425 calories, 24 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 785 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.