- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 4 medium limes, cut into wedges
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1/4 cup marinade; pour remaining marinade into a 2-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. Place lime wedges inside the cavity. Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together. Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush reserved marinade over chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Roasted Lime Chicken
Sort By :
"This was very good and moist. Skin did brown quickly so had to use the foil as suggested. I was only able to fit about 3 1/2 limes in the cavity but my chicken was only about 5 lbs."
"We love all the flavor the lime, honey and herbs give to this chicken. You won't be disappointed."
"Great flavor and super easy to make! I served it with extra slices of lime. I would recommend this!"
"I confess I didn't even have time to marinate the chicken and the recipe still came out great- I rubbed the marinade in under the skin on top of the skin and placed citrus slices under the skin poured the remainder in the cavity - used the drippings for gravy too was worried the citrus in the gravy would be a turn off but everyone liked the gravy."
"I did this for a large family meal and everyone loved it."