- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 4 medium limes, cut into wedges
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1/4 cup marinade; pour remaining marinade into a 2-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. Place lime wedges inside the cavity. Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together. Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush reserved marinade over chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Roasted Lime Chicken
"This was very good and moist. Skin did brown quickly so had to use the foil as suggested. I was only able to fit about 3 1/2 limes in the cavity but my chicken was only about 5 lbs."
"We love all the flavor the lime, honey and herbs give to this chicken. You won't be disappointed."
"Great flavor and super easy to make! I served it with extra slices of lime. I would recommend this!"
"I confess I didn't even have time to marinate the chicken and the recipe still came out great- I rubbed the marinade in under the skin on top of the skin and placed citrus slices under the skin poured the remainder in the cavity - used the drippings for gravy too was worried the citrus in the gravy would be a turn off but everyone liked the gravy."
"I did this for a large family meal and everyone loved it."