Roasted Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium lemon, halved
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1. Loosen skin around chicken breast, leg and thigh. Combine the seasonings; rub half under skin. Cut half of the lemon into quarters and place in the cavity along with rosemary sprigs. Skewer openings; tie drumsticks together with kitchen string.
- 2. Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Squeeze the remaining lemon over chicken; rub with remaining spice mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until chicken juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 180° (cover loosely with foil if browning too quickly). Cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Remove and discard skin, and discard lemon and herbs from cavity before carving. Yield: 6 servings.
3-1/2 ounces cooked chicken equals 197 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Reviews for Roasted Lemon Chicken
"This will definitely be made again. It was very tender and the seasonings brought out the perfect flavor."
"The best roasted chicken recipe ever! We can't wait for it to get out of the oven! I make this at least once a week now. It's awesome!"
"Absolutely delicious! I made this today and followed the directions as written. This was my first roasted chicken without using a rotisserie. Again I highly recommend this recipe."
"The chicken came out so moist and flavorful--the only recipe I use to roast chicken!"
"Love this recipel! I made it for the first time last week, and am making it again today. The chicken was so flavorful and tender! The whole family loved it. Last week I used the leftovers for chicken & dumplings, and today I'm using this recipe to make chicken salad for a celebration tomorrow. My Marine son will be bringing his girlfriend home to meet us. So excited, and so glad that I've found a chicken recipe that I can feel confident about serving to important company!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.