- 1 whole broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium lemon, halved
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Loosen skin around chicken breast, leg and thigh. Combine the seasonings; rub half under skin. Cut half of the lemon into quarters and place in the cavity along with rosemary sprigs. Skewer openings; tie drumsticks together with kitchen string.
- Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Squeeze the remaining lemon over chicken; rub with remaining spice mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until chicken juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 180° (cover loosely with foil if browning too quickly). Cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Remove and discard skin, and discard lemon and herbs from cavity before carving. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Roasted Lemon Chicken
Sort By :
The best roasted chicken recipe ever! We can't wait for it to get out of the oven! I make this at least once a week now. It's awesome!
Absolutely delicious! I made this today and followed the directions as written. This was my first roasted chicken without using a rotisserie. Again I highly recommend this recipe.
The chicken came out so moist and flavorful--the only recipe I use to roast chicken!
Love this recipel! I made it for the first time last week, and am making it again today. The chicken was so flavorful and tender! The whole family loved it. Last week I used the leftovers for chicken & dumplings, and today I'm using this recipe to make chicken salad for a celebration tomorrow. My Marine son will be bringing his girlfriend home to meet us. So excited, and so glad that I've found a chicken recipe that I can feel confident about serving to important company!