Roasted Kielbasa & Vegetables Recipe
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dijon mustard, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Divide sweet potatoes, onion and carrots between two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Roast 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add kielbasa, squash and zucchini to pans; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 15-20 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Transfer to a serving bowl; toss to combine. If desired, serve with mustard. Yield: 6 servings.
1-2/3 cups (calculated without mustard): 378 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 954mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Roasted Kielbasa & Vegetables
"We thought this was ok. For some reason, or veggies either were to mushy or not cooked enough. We liked the sweet potatoes though"
"This was really good! It took awhile to chop all the ingredients and roast it but it was worth it! In this recipe the meat is more of a side to the vegetables; if you want a meatier dish you could double the kielbasa. I used turkey kielbasa to make it healthier."
"My boyfriend and I love making Taste of Home recipes together. We both agree that this one is our favorite!"
"It is quick. It is easy and it is delicious."
"Excellent meal will need to double as everyone gobbled it down- even the picky one who said she probably wouldn't like it ha ha. Never thought of sausage and sweet potatoes going together or even squash but the tastes are great together. Thought I would get several meals out of it but guess again - I can't say much as I had a huge second helping myself it was so tasty."
"This recipe was so good, and made me wonder why I don't roast vegetables more often. I will definitely make this again, maybe trying to vegetables or a different type of sausage. So good!"
"My mother-in-law made this the other night, and it is fantastic! I love the mix of veggies and kielbasa, and it's really simple. She also added a packet of onion soup mix."
"I love recipes that combine fresh veggies with meat. I made this for my family and there were NO LEFTOVERS!"
"Served it with some shredded cheese on top! Excellent!"
"This is very similar to one that I make on a regular basis, but I like the idea of sweet potatoes instead of the new reds. Easy to scale down for just two or four, in which case only one pan is needed."
"I didn't have any Polish sausage on hand, so I substituted sweet apple flavor chicken sausage for the kielbasa and it was delicious. Roasting brought out the apple flavor nicely. Our whole family really liked this recipe; I'll definitely make it often."
"This is a recipe that is easy and turns out perfectly if you follow the directions. I thought it was delicious!! I will definitely make it often."
"Made this last night. It was terrific. And soooo easy. Wonderful way to get all your veggies!"