Roasted Italian Vegetables
This buttery medley of oven-baked vegetables is ideal with fish or most any meat. Zucchini and orange pepper make it colorful, but feel free to substitute yellow summer squash or red or green pepper.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, mushrooms and orange pepper.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 450°
- for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 68 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.