Cooking is a hobby I'm so happy to share with my toddler. She (and all our Christmas Eve party guests) heartily approved this new potluck favorite. Any type of winter squash works here. —Lindsay Oberhausen, Lexington, Kentucky
Recommended: 60 Sneaky Ways to Eat More Vegetables
- 2 medium acorn squash (about 1-1/2 pounds each), peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 large butternut squash (5 to 6 pounds), peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 log (11 ounces) fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, warmed slightly
- Preheat oven to 425°. Toss squashes with oil and seasonings. Transfer to foil-lined 15x10-in. rimmed pans.
- Roast squash, stirring once, until soft and some pieces are caramelized, 30-35 minutes. Switch position of pans midway through roasting to ensure even doneness. If darker color is desired, broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-4 minutes.
- Cool slightly. To serve, add goat cheese to squash; gently toss. Sprinkle with parsley; drizzle with maple syrup. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Herbed Squash with Goat Cheese in Taste of Home December 2016
Reviews for Roasted Herbed Squash with Goat Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review