- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 10 small fresh mushrooms, halved
- 8 fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 to 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place first seven ingredients in a large bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons oil. Divide between two 15x10x1-in. pans coated with cooking spray.
- Roast until tender, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a large bowl. Mix remaining ingredients with remaining oil; toss with vegetables. Yield: 10 servings
Reviews for Roasted Green Vegetable Medley
"Very good sauce that, like you said, can be used with most any vegetable combination. I didn't have fresh green beans so used asparagus instead and omitted salt for health reasons. Thank you for sharing!"
"Loved it! A variety of veggies and good flavor."
"Maybe my favorite roasted vegetable recipe so far. So adaptable. I skipped green beans, and I used lemon pepper seasoning and dried basil like others have mentioned. Just delicious."
"I have traditionally loved vegetable medleys--they can be so much more interesting an offering than just one--not necessarily, of course, but often. My family liked this one very much. Great roasted flavor and each of the 5 of us had at least one veggie that qualified as their favorite! A simple treatment with the seasonings allowed the natural flavors to shine by themselves. I used lemon pepper seasoning instead of lemon juice as well as dried basil and it was quite adequate. I FORGOT to sprinkle the cheese on--LOL--but once again, the true flavors of the veggies came out!A keeper for my Recipe Box!"
"Although I used a bit different veggies to accommodate what I have on hand, this is a fabulous recipe. I used the broccoli,asparagus instead of green beans, onions, carrots (slice thin or they aren't done when everything else is. ) I also used chuncked cabbage instead of Brussels sprouts, and no mushrooms) I used dehydrated minced garlic, and dried basil. I put all seasonings in a small bowl and added three tablespoons butter and melted. Then I stired the lemon juice into the butter and I drizzled over the raw veggies. After this I sprinkled 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese. This was such a good and easily adapted recipe. I think you could do it many different ways and it would work great."
"Made these for a potluck and everybody loved them! Kept them warm in a crock pot until service."
"These are absolutely wonderful and easy to prepare with salmon on the side."
"These veggies were absolutely delicious, but I think you should change the yield to no more than 10 people. I was making this dish for a large group (15 people), so I made one and one half times the recipe. Unfortunately, after roasting, I didn't think the amount was enough to serve 18 people. Needless to say, there were no leftovers (too bad for me!)."
"Made these vegetables for dinner the other night and was amazed at how wonderful the seasonings and roasted vegetables went together. I'll certainly make these again and again!"