Roasted Green Beans
Red wine vinegar really perks up everyday green beans in this simply seasoned side dish from LaVonne Hegland, St. Michael, Minnesota. "Add a sprinkling of salt and pepper to suit your family's taste," she suggests.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Place beans in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with onion
- and garlic. Drizzle with vinegar and oil; toss to coat. Bake,
- uncovered, at 450° for 10 minutes. Stir; bake 5 minutes longer.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 53 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.