Red wine vinegar really perks up everyday green beans in this simply seasoned side dish from LaVonne Hegland, St. Michael, Minnesota. "Add a sprinkling of salt and pepper to suit your family's taste," she suggests.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Place beans in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with onion and garlic. Drizzle with vinegar and oil; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10 minutes. Stir; bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Green Beans in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p8
Reviews for Roasted Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2014
"This recipe is Very good! I've already made it twice this week."
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2013
"I don't know what it is about the red wine vinegar, but it makes these green beans shine! I loved this and will definitely be making again!"