I first tasted roasted green beans in a Chinese restaurant and fell in love with the texture and flavor. This is my Americanized version and it's always a big hit at our holiday table. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine green beans, shallots and garlic; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Roast 15-20 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven; stir in 1 teaspoon lemon peel. Sprinkle with walnuts and remaining lemon peel. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Green Beans with Lemon & Walnuts in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014, p1-17
Reviews for Roasted Green Beans with Lemon & Walnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2016
"Delicious green beans! However the shallots were burning about 5 minutes in, so next time I'll wait 5 minutes until the green beans are done to add the shallots."