Roasted Green Beans Recipe
Red wine vinegar really perks up everyday green beans in this simply seasoned side dish from LaVonne Hegland, St. Michael, Minnesota. "Add a sprinkling of salt and pepper to suit your family's taste," she suggests.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Place beans in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with onion and garlic. Drizzle with vinegar and oil; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10 minutes. Stir; bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Green Beans in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p8
Reviews for Roasted Green Beans(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2013
I don't know what it is about the red wine vinegar, but it makes these green beans shine! I loved this and will definitely be making again!
More Recipe Collections
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Roasted Vegetables >